Thursday 12 January 2012

Thor 2 News

Patty Jenkins is out as Thor 2's director and why am I not surprised? Damn you, Marvel! Anyway, the company, which micro-manages their films to the nth degree, has signed on Game of Thrones director Alan Taylor. The script, originally by Don Payne, is now apparently being reworked by Robert Rodat, who wrote Saving Private Ryan, according to Screenrant. Rodat also received an Oscar nod for his work.

While I am disappointed that Thor 2 will not have a female director, I am excited about the return of my favorite Asgardian badass bitch, Sif. Jaimie Alexander confirmed recently that her character, Sif, will return in this next installment. Cue the chorus of Kermit the Frog Yay's. I love Sif and cannot wait to see more of her kicking some super villain ass. And, wait for it, Sif could very well make at least a cameo on Marvel's Avengers, which opens May 4. Who knows? I'm keeping my fingers crossed because that would be killer.

Thor 2 is scheduled to hit theaters November 15, 2013.

14 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thank goodness we get a dose of Thor in the Avengers this year, because November 2013 is a long way off.

Unknown said...

@Alex I know, right? That is like 2 years almost. Ugh!

Nicole Zoltack said...

I can't wait for this and the Avengers!

Unknown said...

@Nicole Me neither! I loved Thor and of course Avengers is just going to rock. :)

Craig Edwards said...

That is a long time! Wow! I wonder what comes out Marvel-wise between The Avengers and Thor? I know Iron Man 3 is gearing up - because it's gearing up in my back yard! (Filming at the studio 10 miles from where I sit typing this)...that should be fun! Make Mine Marvel! Excelsior! Fin Fang Foom! (I'll stop now.)

Unknown said...

@Craig That is too cool IM3 is shooting so close. Maybe you'll get to casually see RDJ or Don Cheadle. I loved having Dark Knight , Transformers and Man of Steel film here. It's so exciting to watch.

I believe Spider-man's reboot is coming out between Avengers and Thor 2.

Jamie Gibbs said...

I'm hoping Sif and the Warriors Three make appearances in the Avengers; they make great supporting characters.

Very much looking forward to Thor 2!

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

I hope they made the right decision. Nov 2013? Damn, that's not soon at all. LOL.

Unknown said...

@Jamie You're right! The whole crew would make excellent additions to Avengers. They were a lot of fun together.

Unknown said...

@Nebular I KNOW!! 2013 seems like an eternity to see Thor again after Avengers. I hope they made the right decision as well.

Arlee Bird said...

I hope Thor stays on Earth in the next film. Though the special effects were great, I found the stuff on the other planet kind of tedious after a while.


Lee
Have you heard about the A to Z Video Challenge?
Blogging from A to Z

Unknown said...

@Lee Me too! Asgaard was nice to visit briefly, but it was a bit too much.

M. Hufstader said...

What the frak? Well, I guess a female-written superhero movie was too much to ask for. Dammit, Hollywood. Still, SIF. THIS MINOR VICTORY WILL APPEASE ME! How easily my feminist rage is swayed...

Maurice Mitchell said...

Melissa, that really is a shame. That could have opened up all kinds of possibilities.
- Maurice Mitchell
The Geek Twins | Film Sketchr
@thegeektwins | @mauricem1972